Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin

Photobucket
Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP for short) has for a long time been a cult favorite amongst all beauty aficionados. A creamy gel that goes on clear, UDPP has the ability to make eyeshadow adhere to the eye and not crease after a full days wear. I am personally a fan of this product and use it on a regular basis when I am looking for a primer that won't alter the color of my eyeshadows.

Just released with Urban Decay's Spring 2009 line, Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin is a champagne beige with shimmer which functions exactly like the UDPP we all know and love.

After using this for a day, I am happy to report that this performs exactly the same way my original UDPP does. On its own, it provides a beauty taupey shimmer to the lids that doesn't look overdone and lasts forever. I love to use it under my iridescent/shimmery shadows to enhance them and prolong wear.

All in all, I am definitely pleased with this colored version of my beloved primer potion. I won't replace my original primer potion, but I will definitely reach for this when I want to compliment a metallic, shimmering look. A quick warning though, mattes, satins and velvets do not play well with this shimmery base.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


6 comments:

HR said...

With what colors would you use it, taupes and such?

Krasey Beauty said...

Excellent question! This would definitely be best for neutral looks involving shades of champagne, taupe, and brown. I would imagine green would also be lovely over this.

Any other colors and I am afraid the shadows will become muddy. There is enough brown in this to alter certain colors in an unfavorable way.

HR said...

Imagine a bright pink, like #75 from MUFE over this hahahah

The Dollymix Diaries said...

thanks for the review!!!

swatchcat said...

Yay, I can't wait to try this!

Krasey Beauty said...

You are very welcome ladies ;)

Willa- my mind is spinning with the possibilities ;)

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic