Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin

Photobucket
Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP for short) has for a long time been a cult favorite amongst all beauty aficionados. A creamy gel that goes on clear, UDPP has the ability to make eyeshadow adhere to the eye and not crease after a full days wear. I am personally a fan of this product and use it on a regular basis when I am looking for a primer that won't alter the color of my eyeshadows.

Just released with Urban Decay's Spring 2009 line, Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin is a champagne beige with shimmer which functions exactly like the UDPP we all know and love.

After using this for a day, I am happy to report that this performs exactly the same way my original UDPP does. On its own, it provides a beauty taupey shimmer to the lids that doesn't look overdone and lasts forever. I love to use it under my iridescent/shimmery shadows to enhance them and prolong wear.

All in all, I am definitely pleased with this colored version of my beloved primer potion. I won't replace my original primer potion, but I will definitely reach for this when I want to compliment a metallic, shimmering look. A quick warning though, mattes, satins and velvets do not play well with this shimmery base.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


6 comments:

Willa said...

With what colors would you use it, taupes and such?

Krasey Beauty said...

Excellent question! This would definitely be best for neutral looks involving shades of champagne, taupe, and brown. I would imagine green would also be lovely over this.

Any other colors and I am afraid the shadows will become muddy. There is enough brown in this to alter certain colors in an unfavorable way.

Willa said...

Imagine a bright pink, like #75 from MUFE over this hahahah

nunu said...

thanks for the review!!!

purrtykitty said...

Yay, I can't wait to try this!

Krasey Beauty said...

You are very welcome ladies ;)

Willa- my mind is spinning with the possibilities ;)

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic