Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Cool (soy)Beans: Soy Spacasso Vanilla Sea Salt Review

Long touted for it's heart-healthy benefits, soy is rich in heart healthy nutrition and comes in many edible forms from milk to beans. Given how good it is for you, its really no surprise that it has also begun popping up in beauty items too. A trip to my local beauty supply store revealed a plethora of shampoos, conditioners, lotions, and other products all listing soy as an ingredient. Soy Spacasso is a brand whose main focus is soy-based skincare and fragrance. Using only all natural ingredients, Soy Spacasso produces a wide range of products designed to utilize the benefits of soy from the inside out.

Vanilla Sea Salt is a hot salt body scrub designed to exfoliate, cleanse, and moisturize using a blend of aloe vera, chammomile, sage, wheat germ, avocado oil, soya oil, and shea oil. It boasts an amazing scent, and lots of all natural, skin-loving goodness. Looking to expand my in-shower skincare routine, I decided to give this sweet smelling scrub a try.

The scent alone is enough for me to give this product a huge rave, it smells DELICIOUS people! I have always had a soft spot for body products that smell good enough to eat, and this one is no exception. Upon opening the container, my senses were hit with the scent of warm vanilla frosting. Many scented body products tend to lose their scent once you towel off, but happily, the soft scent of vanilla lingers after showering. I couldn't stop sniffing my arm to get my sweet scent fix!

I noticed that as this is an all natural product sans preservatives, that I did have to shake the jar to mix the product, as the salt did settle on the bottom. That done, I scooped up a palmful and got to work scrubbing off the dry, dead skin. The dry scaly skin that i sometimes find on my arms and legs were no match for this scrub. The super fine salt crystals gently coaxed (as opposed to vigorously pounded) the scaly skin away. Being prone to dryness and the occasional bout with mild eczema, gentle products are a must for me. I am happy to say that this product was more than gentle enough, and didn't dry me out or break me out.

As for the moisturizing and cleansing properties, the vanilla hot salt scrub gets a big thumbs up from me. Despite being labeled as an exfoliator, this product lathered well and made my skin feel clean. After rinsing and then drying off, I was happy to see that not only did my skin feel smoother, but it also felt well moisturized. Some scrubs tend to dry me out, but happily this one did not. Soy Spacasso's Vanilla Hot Salt Scrub gets 2 big thumbs up from me.

You can find this scrub along with other products on the Soy Spacasso website. If you do stop by, I highly recommend the vanilla scrub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic