Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's not Special FX- Cover FX Gives You a Flawless Face

Sometimes, I feel like I need the aid of some special effects to cover up my habit of not getting enough sleep. My busy way of life is not exactly conducive towards looking bright eyed and bushy tailed on the regular.

Ideally, I want to go from this:

To This: (Milla Jovovich ftw)


In order to get past the dreaded zombie girl system, I call in the aid of the big guns from Cover FX, THE company that specializes in corrective cosmetics.

Up for your reading and viewing pleasure are the Skin FX Treatment and Priming Serum, Camouflage Concealer, and Total Coverage Cream Foundation.

Treatment and Priming Serum is an antiaging primer, designed to smooth out fine lines while hydrating the skin. It does an amazing job at helping foundation glide on and stay put.



Camouflage Concealer is a thick, creamy concealer designed to provide medium to heavy coverage. The shade I received was light, which looks dark but is really just right. A little trick when concealing is to actually use a shade that is close to or slightly darker than your actual skintone. This will conceal dark circles the most naturally. Since this concealer is so thick, it needs to be set with a light powder to ensure it doesn't migrate.

Before:
After:

Bottom line, this concealer works! I loved the full coverage and wearibility, along with its staying power. This concealer lasts all day after setting, and didn't settle into the super fine lines underneath my eyes.

Total Coverage Cream Foundation is exactly that, a full coverage cream to powder foundation designed to hide even the nastiest of imperfections. It is a bit dry, so application with a sponge or stiff brush is ideal. Once on the skin, it offers up amazing coverage that is just right. Somewhere between medium and full coverage, this foundation is ideal for those with a bit more to cover. It didn't feel heavy or make me shiny after a day of wear, like some cream foundations tend to do (MAC Studio Tech, I am talking to you). Total Coverage is incredibly forgiving.

Swatches, L-R Camoflauge Concealer, Total Coverage Cream Foundation

And a full face before and after:
Before:

After:
Cover FX's 3 step coverage literally has me going from raggedy to flawless in no time flat. I highly recommend it for those of you who have a bit to hide.

The whole line is conveniently available for viewing here. To purchase, just hop on over to the Nordstrom or Sephora websites.

8 comments:

krista carlson said...

I love the Zombie picture. I was wondering what the heck that was

Krasey Beauty said...

Krista, that is my before shot ;)

Marce said...

F**k I got freaked out with the 1st pic...that's some serious coverage!

sizbelle said...

OMG, the result is really unbelievable... i really needs one..

Krasey Beauty said...

Marce, you are hilarious. Yep, pretty great coverage indeed :)

Krasey Beauty said...

Sizbelle, it is definitely full coverage. Awesome stuff for those who want a great, full coverage foundation!

Unknown said...

Eeeek!! I got really freaked out by that zombie pic. Totally caught off guard lol.

Krasey Beauty said...

Livia, sorry for that. Next time I will have a warning :)

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic