Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Regally Gorgeous- Smashbox Reign Collection Review and Swatches

I first told you about the Smashbox Reign Collection a few weeks back when it launched. With visions of Jonathan Rhys Meyer's Henry VIII swirling through my brain, I dreamed of creating my very own Tudor-esque vixen using the gorgeous fall color palette that Reign offers.

The look Smashbox is trying to capture with this amazing collection is full of opulence, sophistication, and elegance with a hint of something smoky and dangerous just beneath the surface. Duality is also a huge theme, as most of the products have shimmer/matte and light/dark components. I love versatility, and this collection has that in volumes.

Behold, the Smashbox Reign Collection. Too pretty not to ogle, with lush leather like packaging emblazoned with the Reign logo. ;)

Best way to go about this is to give you a play-by play, so here we go!

Jet Set Liner Palette.
I love love love Smashbox's Jet-Set, a creamy gel liner that glides on, and lasts forever-ever. It stands to be mentioned that the formula of jet set is a bit dryer than standard issue gel liner, making it more opaque and less prone to skipping (much like my beloved Make Up For Ever Cream liners).
The packaging is pure genius, with two pots divided in half. Dark and matte colors (basic black and brown) are on one side, with the metallic shimmers (gold and bronze) on the other. Each dual pot of liner has a snap-shut plastic lid to keep air out, and the kit comes with an adorable mini angled brush to boot!


Reign Fusion Blush
As summer draws to a close (boooo), I find myself wanting to prolong the effects of a warm bronze glow well into the winter and fall. Reign is a soft peachy nude, with an ingenius grid aspect that allows you to have either matte or shimmer finishes. I personally love to contour with the matte shade, and highlight with the shimmers.

Doubletake Lip Color in Amaretto and Currant
Another ingenius idea from the folks at Smashbox, Doubletake is a dual sided lip pencil that has a lip liner pencil on one side, and a super creamy lipcolor on the other. Amaretto is a warm caramel shade that goes on smooth and lasts all day. Currant is a rich Bordeaux that just may be my new favorite color for fall/winter.

Eyeshadow Palette in Monarch-
Monarch is a delightfully neutral palette that is perfect to take you from day into night. The palette itself has a trio of shimmery shades with solid matte, matching centers.

Crowned Lipgloss
Smashbox lipglosses are super slick, rich, and luxurious. Crowned is a stunning peachy pink that applies with a doe foot applicator. It makes a gorgeous nude lip!

Now you know this post wouldn't be complete without my swatches, so here we go:

L-R: T: Jet Set Palette shades in black, brown, gold, and bronze
B: Amaretto Doubletake (liner on top, lipstick on bottom), Fusion Blush Matte/F.B Shimmer

Amaretto on the Lips:
Currant:
L-R, T to B: Shadow Palette in Monarch, Jet Set Palette, Lip Pencil, Blush
No Flash:
Flash:
That my friends is the Smashbox Reign Collection in a nutshell. I am absolutely ga-ga for the shades, and range of products and textures. Inquiring minds want to know, will you be hauling Reign?

Reign is available online at Smashbox.com, at Sephora, and at the Plaza Beauty by Warren Tricomi.

4 comments:

maya said...

Thanks for the swatches. :)
I own the Monarch palette - (Got it online from acw a couple of months back). Unfortunately it's really stinky, so I won't be able to use it. Can you tell me if your palette also has a strange smell to it?
Thanks,
Maya

Crissy K said...

I'm drooling over the lippies and the blushes in this collection. I love current on you.

Krasey Beauty said...

Maya, you are very welcome. Honestly, I don't get any funky smells from my palette. Maybe you can exchange yours?

Krasey Beauty said...

Crissy, thanks so much! Definitely check it out in person, it is gorgeous!

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic