Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chanel Spring 2010 Color Collection

Let me start off by saying that Saks does not mess around when it comes to releasing collections way, way before their appropriate time. Let me also go ahead and say that I think that Saks was on to something when they put out the Spring 2010 Chanel collection ridiculously early, as the color scheme captures the essence of cold winter nights.

I am not sure about how all of you felt, but I know I was scratching my head over the soft, tropical colors that Chanel went with for this year's holiday collection. I don't think that soft orange, yellow, and teal has a place amongst tinsel, garland, and lots of snow, but thats just me.

Fortunately, Saks has launched Spring 2010, which I somehow feel is so much more appropriate. So much so in fact, that I could resist reaching for my card and owning a few of these pieces myself.


 
For tons of images, my review, and some gorgeous swatches, take the jump!


 

Predominantly made up of shades of beige, Spring 2010 sees a full color collection including glossimers, a quad, liquid shadow, Rouge Allures, blush, and polishes with topcoat. I found the collection incredibly beautiful as a whole, though the standouts and items I ultimately ended up purchasing were the Kaska Beige Quad, Empreinte de Chanel Highlights Powder, and Soleil Tan de Chanel Sheer Illuminating Fluid in Sunkissed.




Being a lover of soft, buttery shadows, I couldn't resist the warm brown and beige shades in the Kaska Beige Quad. Chanel quads are either hit or miss for me, but fortunately Kaska Beige is a big winner in my book. Made up of four rich, buttery shades ranging from soft yellow/beige to a deep plummy brown, this quad is delicious through and through.


 
 
 
 



Another newcomer to the lineup, Empreinte de Chanel is a speckled highlighting powder in shades of peach. In the center is the iconic interlocking C's, done in soft shimmering gold. I was skeptical about this compact's highlighting abilities properties, until I tried it on. The golden peach tones instantly warmed my skin up, giving me the most radiant glow.

 
 
 

 

Soleil Tan de Chanel is one of those products that while not new to Chanel, it was definitely new to me.
This luminous liquid gives a soft, candlelit glow wherever it was applied, which is ultimately what made me fall in love with it.

Swatches:
Soleil Tan de Chanel, natural light

Soleil Tan de Chanel, flash

Blended:


Quad on left, highlight powder on right
 
 
Highlight Powder



I am absolutely loving Chanel Spring 2010, and think that it couldn't have been released at a better time. How do you all feel about Chanel for Spring? What's on your list?


*I purchased these products, as they were too beautiful not to have them come home with me.

11 comments:

Mary007 said...

Beautiful collection!! How do you apply the Soleil Tan de Chanel??

Resham said...

wow...the colrs are soo lovely.....Thank you for the swatches...The eyeshadows look so tempting...

Anonymous said...

I need to get that highlight powder!!! I do love Chanel, but that's the only thing I'm getting from this collection. I work for saks, so I think I need to get my butt over to a store and pick it up.

I actually liked the Bird of Paradise collection. The aqualumiere's are amazing and the quad is beautiful. I thought it was cool for Chanel to do something unexpected. Plus, I', not one to follow rules on makeup/clothes to wear during certain season.

Krasey Beauty said...

Mary, it sure is! I apply the Soleil tan underneath the spots I would put my bronzer. It is also wonderful when mixed with your facial moisturizer for instant luminescence!

Krasey Beauty said...

Resham, you are so welcome! The shadows are stunning for sure. :)

Krasey Beauty said...

Shontay, you definitely need that powder! I am with you on the breaking of rules, but I just didn't feel like the quad had that much pigmentation to it.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I swatched the quad at the counter and it came off very light. I was told to use another shadow as a base, but then what's the point? For the price it should be pigmented enough.

I just bought the highlight powder and it is beyond AMAZING! I can't believe it. It's worth every penny and it's so gorgeous, I don't even want to bother it with my brush. Lol

Aira @ Sugar StripEase said...

Oh I love the colors. These will really go together with my bronzer. I will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the post.

Krasey Beauty said...

Aira, you are very welcome. I love the versatility of the colors as well :)

shimmergrass said...

wow. love the quad. i think i will get it :) lovely swatches

Krasey Beauty said...

Shimmergrass, thank you. :)

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic