Thursday, December 3, 2009

Holiday Survival- Battling Winter Dry Skin Woes




At least in New York, synonymous with the holiday season is nasty, frigid, winter weather. To add to the stress that is already part of the holiday prep process, my skin tends to go insane and run dryer than the Sahara. Between high levels of dry, indoor heat, low air temperatures, low levels of moisture in the air, and lots of nasty wind, my skin gets introduced to the 3 dwarves twice removed- bumpy, itchy, and scaly. Having tried lots of different shmears, I am fairly confident that I have found the best weapons to slay my skin woes. Now, allow me to share them with all of you.



For the Body, an affordable option in Curel Itch Defense:




One of the worst side effects of colder temperatures is dry skin itch. It is exactly as unappealing as it sounds, and dry, ashy, itchy skin does not proper party attire make. The solution would be proper moisturizing, and to that goal, Curel provides an excellent, affordable way to get your skin in tip-top shape. Awarded with the National Eczema Association's seal of acceptance, this unscented lotion regulates and balances skin's moisture levels, controls cell turnover, and rebalances skin pH, all the while soothing itch immediately.

For the face, Jan Marini Transformation Face Cream



Jan Marini's products continue to impress me each and every time that I use them. The newest edition to my awesome skincare party is the cure for the dry, winter weathered skin of my face. Packed with nutrients, rich in moisture, thick without being greasy, and deliciously scented, the TransFormation cream is all I could ever want in a winter face moisturizer. I could go into details of all of the great for your skin ingredients in this cream, but I will spare you (this time!) and sum it up by saying that your skin wants this cream like Ms. Paris wants attention.

For the lips, Erno Laszlo TranspHuse Lip pHixative


 
Winter lips are often dehydrated, shriveled looking lips, but not when armed with this serum in rollerball form. Designed to soften fine lines while it smoothes and gently plumps your pucker, Erno Laszlo's TranspHuse is moisturizing as well. I just love products that pull double duty.

Armed and covered with these products, I dare the winter to challenge my skin. How do you combat harsher weather's effects on your skin?


*Items featured in these posts were provided by PR as samples for post consideration. If you have any questions about the foregoing, please contact me at KraseyBeauty@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic