Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Tale of Temptation, and a Trip to Bergdorf Goodman

Ladies and gents, this past Friday I ventured into territory that was familiar yet frightening. Those who live in New York know that you must avoid Fifth Avenue during the holiday season at all costs, yet I chose to broke my own guideline. Swarming with camera-toting tourists, navigating the streets can try anyone's patience, especially mine. But I was a girl on a mission and not one to be daunted from the task at hand. My mission, as I chose to accept it, was to scout the beauty floor of Bergdorf Goodman, in search of exclusive brands and goodies for the holiday season.



The high end cosmetic lover's dream, Bergdorf's beauty floor was brimming with people. A veritable candy store full of happiness, this dream level is brimming with exclusive, high-end cosmetic brands, and I was absolutely in awe of what I saw while strolling the floor.





Edward Bess

Edward Bess is a fairly small, relatively new addition to the world of luxe cosmetics. Known for its exceptional quality, Bess' line contains all of your color essentials from shadow to lipstick. Should you choose to really indulge, the line also has several kits, which put together the full color selections for a product type. The Lip Wardrobe contains all of the line's lipsticks and glosses, while the brand new Jet Set Kit contains the brand's newest eyeshadow palette, a compact rouge, and a lip liner. High on the quality, Edward Bess is a more grown up line of neutral shades designed to flatter everyone.

Cle de Peau Beaute
I am almost ashamed to admit that I still haven't had the opportunity to try the raved about concealer, or the foundation for that matter. Needless to say, I have added another item to my growing Cle de Peau wishlist, and here it is:


The Holiday Palette Vintage has me swooning with it's soft shades, designed to provide a 'lit-from-within' glow to the face and decollete. If the smooth and silky consistency of this powder didn't win me over, the packaging, oh the packaging!


Kanebo Sensai



I already mentioned the Kanebo holiday offerings, but it deserves to be repeated how awesome they are. The Platinum Edition Coffret is still calling my name.

Chantecaille


There is something so zen about this trio of skincare indispensables. Using them seems to promise peace and tranquility, both for your psyche and your skin.

Sisley Paris



The Phyto Star Eyes eyeshadow quartet had me seeing stars in my eyes with its four beautiful shades of silky shadow. Eyeshadow+Quad+Pretty= WANT


La Metier De Beaute



The artist in me was immediately drawn to the stunning Roopal Patel. With colors handpicked by Roopal herself, this palette promises a face full of color, done in a way that is both chic and sophisticated. I want this one, BAD.



I must say that all of those delicious offerings have me absolutely fiending still . Funds are unfortunately tight right now, but that doesn't mean a girl can't dream.

Have you had any experience with these brands? Whats on your dream wishlist?


*I didn't actually purchase any of these items, I just drooled over them as I wished I could afford them right now. The Edward Bess Products were a cp I did for someone else.

6 comments:

natalie75 said...

When I win the lottery I am coming to New York and we will go on a shopping spree!!!!

Krasey Beauty said...

Awww Natalie, that would be a dream come true!

Nell said...

Hey,
I´m glad you made a post out of my Edward Bess cp. Sorry to have awoken so many lemmings (but your taste is exceptional). I wish I could play Santa and get it all for you...

Krasey Beauty said...

Nell, you are so sweet. I couldn't resist snapping a quick photo of the boxes before I packed them away for you. So much beauty at Bergdorf, wow. :)

Istvan said...

I'm quite familiar with Le Metier, and everything about that line is SICK! The performance and quality of the line is unheard of these days, it's definitely worth the splurg!

Krasey Beauty said...

Istvan, you aren't helping me squash that lemming bug, are ya? Haha

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic