Monday, January 25, 2010

Essential Beauty Tools- Beautyblender Sponges

When talking about makeup application, there are some items out their that you without a doubt need to have. One such item that has topped my list since the day that I discovered it is the Beautyblender sponge.



I first discovered beautyblender during the Makeup Show, all the way back in 2008. Having heard how amazing it was at applying foundation, I picked one up at the show, never to look back again. So in love am I with beautyblender's application, that I went ahead and re-stocked this past October- ordering a duo along with the cleanser during the annual Sephora friends and family event.

Now why do I love it so much?

First off, applying foundation with the beauty blender is super simple. All you need to do is wet the sponge and wring it out. You then apply foundation to the damp sponge, and glide it accross your face. The special rounded corners on top and bottom are designed to get into every nook and cranny of the landscape of your face. The sponge can be used to thin out any cream or liquid foundations that you might find apply too heavily.

 
These sponges will last a fairly long time with proper cleansing, about 3-6 months. I consider them an essential part of my kit, and find them a great alternative to using brush or traditional wedged sponges.

Which beauty tools are your must-haves?

14 comments:

Retrodiva said...

I really, really need to try one of these - everyone keeps talking about them. Adding them to my ever-growing list!

Krasey Beauty said...

Retrodiva, definitely give it a try. It makes foundation application so easy. :)

J-ezzy said...

I almost bought this during sephora's F&F, I will wait until it comes back again :)

Bonnie C. said...

I'm so glad that you posted something about this, since I've been wondering if they are really as good as everyone says or if it was just a bunch of hype. Thanks for the review! :-)

Marina (MakeUp4All) said...

Thank you for a great post. I would really love to try these, too! I've heard only good things about ti!

Sarah said...

I so have to try this!!!

Krasey Beauty said...

J-ezzy, definitely pick some up when you get the chance. Good stuff indeed :)

Krasey Beauty said...

Bonnie, I am definitely a huge fan. :)

Krasey Beauty said...

Marina, you are so very welcome. I hope you have the chance to try these out soon. :)

Krasey Beauty said...

Sarah, for sure! :)

Unknown said...

I've heard so many great things about this, do you reckon it's worth the price when compared to a normal makeup sponge?

Krasey Beauty said...

Lillian, I think it has the advantage over a regular sponge due to both absorbancy and shape. Definitely worth a shot

Unknown said...

I have a Beautyblender, and haveen't even used it yet. I will ...soon LOL

Krasey Beauty said...

Vex, you need to get on that stat ;)

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic