Thursday, March 18, 2010

Smile With Your Eyes- Sue Devitt Liners and Mascara

As promised, here is Part 2/4 in our Sue Devitt Series. This time, we are taking a look at liners, a highlighting pencil, and mascara- oh my!

 

The eye intensifier pencil is like an instant smoky eye in a stick. A chubby pencil that is slightly creamy (but not overly so), eye intensifier is really all you need to get bedroom eyes in a pinch. One end houses the pencil, while the other a sponge with a rounded point to smudge at will. Post pencil application, there is a brief window in which you could smudge to your hearts content. Be warned though, that once it dries, it will not budge.

  

The shade that I tested is Black Lavender, which is exactly what the name implies- a blackened shade of purple with subtle sparkle.

  

The perfect pairing with eye intensifiers, the Eye Illuminator Pencil is instant awake in a stick. Illuminator has the same clever design as the liners, and is a gorgeous, incredibly flattering shade of golden beige that adds luminosity and brightness to the planes of your face. I have been giving the fatigued look the metaphorical finger by using this in the tear duct (inner corner), on my waterline, and under the browbone. This pencil is amazing any day of the week, but especially when I didn't get more than four hours of sleep.

Swatched: Illuminator on top, Intensifier on bottom

  

Illuminator Pencil, swatched on the eye as described above

  

Last but not least, we have Black Widow Luxury Lash Mascara.

  

Luxury Lash promises the triple threat combination of lengthening, volumizing, and thickening. It also contains enriching vitamins that hydrate and strengthen lashes.

  

The brush is conical, and is designed to really grab lashes from root to tip, and this mascara does an excellent job at both defining (separating) my lashes, and bringing them to great heights. However, I found that this mascara failed to give me significant thickening and volume, which I didn't love. I found that the dryness of the formula prevented me from layering it well enough to get the enhanced thickness and volume that I crave, which is a bit of a deterrent when I want drama. It isn't a bad mascara by any stretch, just not dramatic enough for me. This has become my office mascara, for those days when I want subtle.

Befores on left, afters on right. Love the length, loved the blackened shade of purple, do not like the lack of serious volume and intensity. 

  

And the final product once more, with intensifier, illuminator, mascara, and eye palette
  
So how do we feel about the rest of the Sue Devitt eye lineup? Anything you crave?

Party 3 of 4 coming soon!


*Product provided by PR for consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic