Not able to quit my nail habit cold turkey, I have turned to Go Nails to rescue my mangled digits. A product designed to cure nail ailments, this lotion promotes healthy cuticles, hardens the surface of the nail, and repairs damage already done to nails.
Go Nail is the first product to launch from from Go Beauty, a brand that seeks to fill in the gaps between science and cosmeceuticals. I recently had the opportunity to attend a launch presentation for the brand, where science-nerd Adina burst from her shell to take in all sorts of interesting factoids about nails and health to share with all of you.
- Nails grow at a rate of .1mm a day. Growth peaks in your 20's
- Lack of moisture equates to nail splitting, while too much moisture causes double layer peeling
- The only effective nutrient that is clinically proven to help promote nail health is biotin. Everything else out there is not effective in the long run.
- Nail polish remover is essentially a paint thinner, and when you remove polish you are also thinning the nail
- There are certain behaviors thought to be beneficial to nails that actually do more harm than good. For example, manicures double the odds of developing brittle nails
- The single most detrimental factor to the nails is water in the form of repeated hand washing and lotion application.
- GoNails provides the nails with biotin to thicken the nail and protect the cuticle, keratin to strengthen and condition nail proteins, and lipids to improve nail elasticity and resilience.
Now where is my lacquer?
*Product provided by PR for consideration