Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Body Shop Cosmetics

For a full range of smoky fall color goodness, let me take you to The Body Shop.


I am a huge fan of The Body Shop, she said as she reached for the handy tub of coconut body butter on her desk. Yep, that’s me. When I think of the Body Shop, the scent of tropical coconuts and ripe, luscious mangoes immediately come to mind. Passing by the store near work always elicits a deep breath and a sigh on my end, being that I am well immersed-in and acquainted-with the stellar bath and body line.

What I don’t immediately associate The Body Shop with is color cosmetics, but all of that is about to change with my introduction to the spring and fall ranges. Ladies and gents, get ready for a smattering of fun color cosmetics that won't break the bank.

The Body Shop Autumn Leaves Compact  in Chestnut is a beautiful burnished bronze blush/highlighter with the most gorgeous leaf embossing on top.




These baked eyeshadow duos are new for the summer, and delight with their abundance of pigment. These rose and purple variations make my heart sing.



This eyeshadow single in gunmetal grey is smoky and sultry, with a subtle sheen that takes it to the top.


Kajal Eyeliners in Green and Gunmetal are a great alternative to your traditional khol pencils. The chubby triangle makes smoky, smudgy, bedroom eyes super easy. My only complaint is that I found the formulation to be a tinge on the waxy side, hindering glide a bit.



Swatches: Khols and individual eyeshadow on far left, baked shadows on far right


Khols and shadow, close up


Baked Shadows, close up


Altogether:


Autumn Leaves Compact, Swatched


For wonderful bath and body products, and now for delightfully smoky color cosmetics, you most certainly are going to want to go to The Body Shop. Look for these products, coming to stores in late summer.

*Product provided by PR for post consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic