Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tested-It Thursday

Welcome to my first installment of Tester Thursday where I will introduce you to something brand spanking new that I will review for you right here on Krasey Beautiful.

Since we are still getting to know each other, allow me to start with the basics.

Today I will be reviewing (drumroll please)










Yves St Laurent Top Secrets Flash Radiance Skincare Brush (what a mouthful!)




What It Claims to Do:

As taken from the Sephora website:
Top Secrets Flash Radiance Skincare Brush delivers a multitude of benefits. It revitalizes and softens the skin, erases signs of fatigue, and regulates the skin's pigmentation. This revolutionary formula creates a protective, moisturizing veil that sets the stage for a perfect, long-lasting makeup application.

The Delivery System:

Just like YSL's Perfect Touch Foundation, this foundation comes in a squeeze tube with a brush attached to the tip. Simply unlock the brush by clicking it to the on position, and squeeze a bit on. Then proceed to brush onto the face, smoothing with clean fingers if necessary.
















First of all, let me say this stuff smells amazing. The scent is light, a crisp clean floral. I noticed what comes out is a lightweight milky gel that is quite cooling to my tired skin.

The Results
Once I applied this to my face I definitely noticed a significant difference. My skin felt and looked hydrated and luminescent. The end result gave my skin a healthy glow in contrast to the sallow paleness that greets me in the mirror every morning- definitely encouraging! This primer made my powder of choice (Smashbox's Halo Powder) glide on effortlessly.

Does it fulfill part 2 of it's promise- that is; to make my makeup last longer and work harder? Again I would say yes! After 16+ hours of wear, I was still looking cute as a button sans a single touch up. Very impressive considering I had to trudge through the streets of Manhattan with wet snow flying in my face.

How does this compare to everyone's favorite Smashbox Photo Finish Primer?
I preferred this over the smashbox for 2 reasons:
1. It gives my skin a quenched/luminescent glow
2. The cooling feeling and the light floral scent is wonderful for this morning hating beauty junkie. (I am so not a morning person as you can see from the pic below)

















The Final Verdict
This product is a winner in my book! If you are looking for a primer that will leave you with smooth hydrated skin, look no further than this little gem from YSL.


Krasey's Rating: A


In Case you are curious, here I am sporting the Yves St Laurent Primer, Smashbox halo in fair, Smashbox halo bronzer, Kevyn Aucoin cream shadow and Nars holiday palette, Givenchy phenonm'neyes, Nars cafe con leche matte lip pencil and Chanel Glossimer in Astral

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic