Monday, March 16, 2009

MAC Grand Duos Swatches and Review

So MAC has released a new set of mineral blushes, presented in duos. One side is a melange, while the other is solid color. I must say, MAC has upped the ante on pigmentation of these as there is plenty of color in a single swipe.

The color offerings:
Moon River- Blue pink melange with yellow pink solid
Grand Duo- Copper Pink Melange with Plum
Earth to Earth- Purple bronze melange with yellow brown solid
Love Rock- Gold violet melange with bright blue based pink solid
Hot Planet- Coppery Yellow Melange with a midtone plum solid side
Intenso- Pink gold melange with terracotta rose solid side
Light Over Dark- Orange yellow melange with deep brown solid

My general thoughts: I could not bring myself to get excited about these blushes unfortunately. I found these blushes to be way too shimmery and glittery, and swiping my brush across the top led to lots of loose glittery powder getting all over the place. I definitely prefer my blushes matte or if they do have a shimmer, for that to be very slight. I prefer subtle dewy glow to disco inferno any day of the week.

All in all, these are a pass for me!

Here are the swatches on my nw20 self. Unfortunately Light Over Dark and Intenso were M.I.A
So what do you all think? Are you on board or is this a pass?

7 comments:

Hannah said...

ooohhh I'm drawn to Moon River (love the title--I think of the song) and Love Rock.

But I am trying to seriously resist, $27/ea plus taxes means I'd be just over $60 poorer. But with the week I'm sure Ill have (monday is going oh-so-great) I think Ill have to treat myself!

Krasey Beauty said...

Hannah, I think moon river was one of the prettiest of the bunch. Honestly though, for the price I recommend venturing into different brands. At least for me, they just aren't worth it.

Anonymous said...

Meh...so glah to me. I am not a blush person.

Anonymous said...

I am skipping these. I ended up going to Sephora and buying the infamous Nars Orgasm blush and I am in love. I worried that these would be too shimmery for me as well and at 30 bucks a pop? Pass!

HeidiB said...

I't a shame that I won't get to see these in person as I'm drwan to Love Rock (since I don't have Pleasantry) but I'm afraid to look like a grease ball.. Well see what I'll do..

Anonymous said...

At the beginning, when the first news and pictures about this collection came out, I was all over it. But now I can't stand the shimmer of them too.

I prefer my blushes matt or just with a hint of shimmer too and when I want more shimmer I just add a MSF on top. :)
A collection that I can skip completely makes my wallet happy. :D

Krasey Beauty said...

Hilly, neither am I but I think that has become apparent ;)

Nicole, great call. I am also taking the money I would spend on these and putting them to good use with some new nars blushes. I think oasis might be next :-D

Heidi, I see what you are saying. Its hard with shimmer when one has oily skin. Hopefully Love Rock will work for you :)

Jeanette, amen to that! Yay for skipping out and yay for matte blushes! :-D You and I have the same blush philosophy!

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic