Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Urban Decay Lovin- The Eyeliner Edition

A few may recall the Urban Decay Friends and Family sale that ran a few weeks back. Taking it as a sign from above, I decided to indulge in some fun new shades of liquid liner and smoke out eye khols.

Introducing the newest additions to my happy little eyeliner family:

These liners are deliciously pigmented, go on smooth, and last all the live-long day. They have a slight metallic quality to them, which gives them exceptional shine. I love the shape of the bottle, and the cap fits perfectly into my hand. The brush is your traditional liquid liner brush, long and thin to give you precision in application.

And did I mention the colors are t.d.f?

Here are the swatches: L-R Gash, Acid Rain, Ecstasy, Shattered, Roach, Penny

While I LOVE the new liquid liners, the khols that I also picked up gave me results that weren't quite what I was expecting.

A on packaging, as I love pencils that have smudgers on the ends. I can say that I liked the powdery finish on the smoked out pencils upon application. However, I found that the colors weren't dark enough, nor did they go on smooth enough. They felt a bit hard, which led me to believe that they were either too old (dried out), or just of a harder formula than most of your run of the mill khols. I am sorry to say that I might have found in these pencils the first Urban Decay item that I do not like.

Swatches: Deviant 24/7 liner, Green Goddess, Purple Haze, Mary Jane

I also picked up deviant 24/7, which is an awesome shade of metallic blue. 24/7 liners are always a winner in my book, because quite frankly, they rock in every way. I think this would look absolutely amazing on the lower lash line to compliment a silver or purple eye look, and the possibilities are endless. A swatch of Deviant can be soon above, first on the left.

So what did you pick up from the sale, and what are your favorite types of liners? Urban Decay liners are available on UrbanDecay.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic