Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Francois Nars, Oh How I Love Thee

Immersing oneself in the beauty world is tricky business indeed. On the one hand you have the means and tools to transform yourself, with your face as your easel and the makeup your paints. Endless variety awaits all those who look for it.

On the other hand, variety and innovation in the cosmetics industry can have detrimental affects on the beauty junkies psyche, often leading to what I call Pokemon syndrome. I know I have alluded to it before, but I will reiterate the point, Pokemon syndrome is the sudden urge to horde all of a particular product, and fast!

One brand that I am currently hot and heavy with is NARS.

Observe, a couple of weeks ago this was my Nars Collection
I know, you are amazed at my MS paint skills. My collection here consisted of the Sephora edition of the NARS artist palette (item 1), and the Habanera eyeshadow duo (item 2).

In the blink of an eye, my collection grew seemingly overnight, and here it is today. The need to incorporate this into my traincase spurred Saturdays organization fest

The items in the first picture were camera shy, but here we have 8 eyeshadow duos, 6 matte lip pencils (one was hiding), a multiple duo, the holiday eyeshadow palette, Orgasm lipgloss and polish, the Emotional Rescue Artist's palette, a lipstick, and a mini gloss set.

Now Nars is not a cheap brand, and fortunately a lot of these were either gifts, gifts with purchases, or purchased with a gift card. Nevertheless, I am smitten kitten and have indulged big time.

I will review and swatch these all shortly.

In the meantime you tell me, what is your current beauty brand obsession?

6 comments:

*Jen* said...

Krasey great blog you're off to a fabulous start! And I'm seriously drooling over your Nars collection.

BTW you take such beautiful swatches!

Unknown said...

I'm telling you...I'm buying a plane ticket and coming to play in your makeup. Mmkay? ;D I want some Nars sooooo bad. Oh! Another thing for my list of wants...Nars China Blue eyeshadow. You reminded me :D

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog last week and I wanted to tell you that it's great! You write very well, and I love the looks you do. Please don't start a NARS lemming, I don't have the money for it!;) Just kidding. Open those packages and show us the stuff!
Ada

asdf said...

luckyyy. :]

Anonymous said...

I loved MAC for years but right now my obsession is Chanel.

Krasey Beauty said...

Jenn, thank you so very much! I do hope you will subscribe to my posts or become a follower! The swatches are thanks to the Canon G10 my boyfriend got me :-D

Jacqueline, come on over. My traincase has plenty of room now ;)

Anonymous, thank you so very much! You pay me such a high compliment and I do hope you will subscribe to my posts or become a follower. Check back daily as I have some great things coming up :-D

Valiohh, thanks! I work hard for my obsessions

Jessica, I hear ya. Chanel is amazing too!

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic