Friday, May 8, 2009

Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara Review

Introducing, the Holy Grail of volumizing Mascaras.

Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara was introduced with the Smoky Eyes collection back in 2008, and was being touted as the Mac-Daddy of volumizing mascaras. With a state of the art double helix shaped brush sporting both bristles and plastic teeth; this mascara is meant to grab each and every lash while extending, lengthening, and thickening lashes like crazy.

Observe, the brush:
This mascara is an expensive indulgence, weighing in at a whopping $30! Is it worth it though? I really do think so! I get amazing and long-lasting volume and curl with just 2 coats. No flaking, no smudging. Just instant fat, long lashes!

Pictures don't lie, and here they are :)

The before:
The after:

Yep, this mascara is love. Of course if this is out of your price range, Make Up For Ever Smoky Eyes is still a good option. I wish I could say that drugstore mascaras are worth it, but the last one I used (Loreal Voluminous) was a straight up disaster.

So what do you all think, worth it or no?

4 comments:

yummy411 said...

loreal voluminous a disaster???? say it isn't so? a blasphemy to my HG! lol ;) i liked exceptionnel as well. smokey lash is great too. so why do we disagree on loreal voluminous? lol good to hear your review.

Krasey Beauty said...

Yummy, voluminous flaked off and ended up in my eye. It was awful. I mean the volume was great, don't get me wrong. But the flakes, oy! Glad you enjoyed my review ;)

.jackie♡jaci. said...

WOW! I need that Chanel mascara! It looks amazing on you~

Krasey Beauty said...

Jackie, thanks! It really is a fantastic mascara for volume!

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic