Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Science of Skincare- M.D Skincare’s Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel


When it comes to skincare, I am a huge fan of everything scientific, from advanced formulations, to innovative ingredients, to new techniques; I love to be dazzled with science at its most advanced. This time around, I explore the Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel by M.D Skincare.


A two-step regimen designed to cleanse and exfoliate, this duo is designed to cleanse, exfoliate, protect, tone and brighten the skin with the simple sweep of two solution-soaked pads. Analyze the ingredients, and you will quickly decipher how these seemingly simple swabs work.

Step 1:
Genistein is a derivative of soybeans, and a powerful antioxidant. It serves to inhibit UV ray induced skin cell damage.
Glycolic Acid is a derivative of sugar cane, and is the most active of the Alpha Hydroxy Acids, designed to stimulate collagen production
Lactic Acid is derived from milk, and is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid whose purpose is to act as a mild exfoliant
Malic Acid is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid derived from fruits like apples and pears, and serves as a gentle exfoliant
Salicylic Acid is a Beta Hydroxy Acid derived from willow bark, designed to exfoliate and refine the surface of the skin. It is especially effective as an anti-acne ingredient

The recipe above is a potent mix of gentle ingredients with science to back up their efficacy, and that impresses the nerd and beauty geek in me all at once. Whipping out the pre-soaked pad and rubbing it all over my face and décolleté for the recommended two minutes, I can’t help but enjoy the gentle tingle as I know that the acids are working their magic on my skin. When I take that shmutz-laden pad away, I know that my pores are cleaner, and that my skin already feels more refined.


Step 2:

Phospholipids act as skin enrichers, moisturizing the skin without suffocating it, drawing moisture from the environment to ensure that cells stay smooth and plump.
Vitamins A,C,E are all antioxidants that protect the skin and slow down the aging process.
Sodium Bicarbonate is a fancy name for a familiar compound- baking soda. Used in Step 2, it serves to exfoliate while neutralizing the acids in step 1.

Step 2 is much the same as step 1. I rub the pre-soaked pad over both face and décolleté, foregoing a rinse to allow the solutions to continue working their magic even after the process is done. What I am immediately left with is brighter, smoother skin, and what I have noticed over the time I have been using this product is an increase in tone, brightness, and clarity in my skin. My face feels smoother, and looks more radiant; this is science at its most beautiful.

When it comes to both science and skincare, it is fully possible for the two to marry and make all kinds of wonderful little product babies that do the face and body a world of good. In this case, the melding of potent ingredients and solid science have convinced me that amazing skin is as Easy as an Alpha Beta Daily Face Peel a day.


*Product provided by the brand for consideration

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Copyright by Krasey Beauty  |  Template by The Swatchaholic